Q116: Hi Master Lu, I lent a large amount of money to a friend and now we are having conflicts. He refuses to return the money to me. What sutras and mantras should I recite? In addition, recently I have become involved in a lawsuit, how can I resolve this?
- To a certain extent, interpersonal conflicts are the result of negative karmic ties from your previous lives. These conflicts can include: having someone refusing to return owed money to you, being involved in lawsuits, being oppressed by your boss, being alienated by your colleagues, and experiencing disagreements with your neighbour, etc. These conflicts can be resolved by performing recitations.
- First of all, you should mindfully and sincerely perform your Daily Recitation, which must include the Great Compassion Mantra (Ta Pei Chou) and the Heart Sutra (Hsin Ching). You should recite each of these at least 7 times per day, and the greater the number of times that you recite, the better the effects you would achieve.
- When your friend refuses to return owed money to you or causes you trouble, according to the law and order in the human realm, he may be at fault. However, from the perspective of the spiritual realms, it is very possible that you owe him karmic debts. It is recommended that you recite the Mantra to Untie Karmic Knots (Chieh Chieh Chou) at least 49 times per day, and sincerely ask Guan Yin Bodhisattva to help you to transform and resolve the negative karmic ties between you and him. In addition, you should recite the Heart Sutra at least 7 times per day for him, and sincerely ask Guan Yin Bodhisattva to protect and bless him (you should state his full name) and help him to gain wisdom so that he will not cause trouble for you. The recitation of the Heart Sutra can also repay your karmic debts to him, as well as transform and resolve negative karmic ties.
- You can recite the Eighty-eight Buddhas Great Repentance (Li Fo Ta Chan Hui Wen) 7 times per day to repent the karmic obstacles due to negative karmas which have made your problems difficult to resolve.
- You can also recite the Cundi Dharani (Chun Ti Shen Chou) 49 times per day and sincerely ask Guan Yin Bodhisattva to protect and bless you so that your wishes can come true and that you would soon be freed from your current hardships.
- In addition, it is recommended that you recite one Little House every 2 to 3 days.
- For best results, it is recommended that you also perform Life Liberation and make Great Vows.