Q082: Dear Master Lu, I am very thankful to encounter your Guan Yin Citta Dharma Door. I have a friend who has cancer. There is still a long time before we can book an interview with you for Totem Enquiry, could you please advise us on what we can do to save his life in the meantime? Thank you very much.
- First of all, observe whether your friend has religious beliefs. If he has religious beliefs, then there is a chance that he can be saved. If he does not yet have religious beliefs, but is willing to believe in it now, then there is still a chance that he can be saved.
- Foreign spirits that cause people to have cancer are usually powerful ones. When the time comes, people’s karmic fruits will ripen and their causality will take effect. If by this time, they still carry a lot of negative karmas, then this is when people can develop terminal illnesses such as cancer. People who pass away with terminal illness (e.g. cancer, leukaemia, etc) usually pass away with an immense amount of negative karmas.
- In general, when people with terminal illness are in a critical condition or are about to undergo a major operation, it is best to focus on a single sutra or mantra. Continuously recite the Great Compassionate Mantra (Ta Pei Chou) whenever possible and for as long as possible. You can say the following prayer, “May the Great Merciful and Great Compassionate Guan Yin Bodhisattva protect and bless me, <full name>, grant me good health and cure my illness in <part of body>.” It is important to persistently recite the Great Compassionate Mantra for as long as you live. Once your condition stabilises, you can recite the Great Compassionate Mantra 49 times per day.
- It would be best to recite the Eighty-eight Buddhas Great Repentance (Li Fo Ta Chan Hui Wen) 3 to 5 times per day to repent your negative karmas. According to the latest teachings by Master Lu, the recitation of the Eighty-eight Buddhas Great Repentance is very effective for healing cancer and acute illnesses. Since it can eliminate and activate negative karmas, it is important to also offer Little Houses for the best effects. In general, you would need to offer 3 to 5 Little Houses per week for your Karmic Creditor if you recite the Eighty-eight Buddhas Great Repentance 3 to 5 times per day. Please ensure that you can offer a sufficient number of Little Houses if you are reciting the Eighty-eight Buddhas Great Repentance 5 times per day.
- You can recite the Heart Sutra (Hsin Ching) 7 or more times per day. For mental illnesses, 21 or 49 times per day is required.
- In the case where you and your family have performed killings in the past, or consumed too much live seafood, or your ancestors have performed killings, you will also need to recite the Amitabha Pure Land Rebirth Mantra (Wang Sheng Chou) 27 or 49 times per day to transfer merits to the creatures.
- Ensure that you are offering at least 3 Little Houses per week, and it is better to offer more. It is best to make a vow to Guan Yin Bodhisattva and state that you will offer a certain number of Little Houses in one batch. For example, “I, <your full name>, will recite <21 or 49> Little Houses for the Karmic Creditor of <your full name> before <date DD/MM/YYYY>.” Continue to offer Little Houses in batches until you have fully recovered. Please note that you do not need to finish the entire batch before you offer them. It is best to offer them as soon as possible, and avoid prolonged delays. For example, you can offer Little Houses when you have completed 3 or 4 of them.
- If you have dreamt of deceased people or you have had an abortion or miscarriage in the past, please transfer merits to them as soon as possible. Offer at least 7 Little Houses for each of them and address them to “The child of <full name of the mother>”, or “<full name of the deceased>”. It is best if you can offer 21 Little Houses.
- Meanwhile, it is recommended that you make Great Vows. The greater the vow, the greater the effectiveness, but you must be able to keep your vow. For example: “If I recover, I will cross over <number of> people, propagate Dharma and share my experience with others to demonstrate the results of learning Buddhism.” If you feel that you have limited capabilities, you can make the following vow: “For the rest of my life – I will be vegetarian on the 1st and 15th of the lunar month, I will not eat live seafood, and I will not perform any form of killing.”
- At the same time, you should perform Life Liberation, preferably in large quantities. For best results, you can perform Life Liberation on the 1st and 15th of the lunar month. When you arrive at the releasing site, you can recite the Great Compassionate Mantra, Heart Sutra (Hsin Ching) and Amitabha Pure Land Rebirth Mantra (Wang Sheng Chou). There is no limit for the number of times that you can recite, but better results can be achieved if you recite more. Before you recite these sutras and mantras, you should state your full name, and say the following prayer, “May the Great Merciful and Great Compassionate Guan Yin Bodhisattva protect and bless me, <your full name>, grant me good health and cure my illness in <part of body>.” If it is not convenient for you to perform the Life Liberation yourself, you can ask your family members to do this on your behalf. For best results, it would be better to use the patient’s own money for the Life Liberation.
- Performing recitations, making Great Vows, and performing Life Liberation are the three Dharma Gems given by the Great Merciful and Great Compassionate Guan Yin Bodhisattva to us for curing illnesses. We must use these three Dharma Gems appropriately and wisely.