Q055: Respected Master Lu, I heard from your “The Art of Applying Comprehensive Metaphysics” radio program that we can save Little Houses (Hsiao Fang Tzu) for future use. Can you please provide details on how to perform this?
- The Little House is very useful. It is one of the Dharma Gems given to us by the Great Merciful and Great Compassionate Guan Yin Bodhisattva.
- If you are saving a Little House for future use, then before you start reciting for the Little House, you can say the following prayer, “May the Great Merciful and Great Compassionate Guan Yin Bodhisattva witness the sutras and mantras, (Ta Pei Chou, Hsin Ching, Wang Sheng Chou, Chi Fo Mieh Tsui Chen Yan) that are recited by me, <your full name>, and grant me good health.”
- The Great Compassion Mantra (Ta Pei Chou), Heart Sutra (Hsin Ching), Amitabha Pure Land Rebirth Mantra (Wang Sheng Chou), and Sapta Atitabuddha Karasaniya Dharani (Chi Fo Mieh Tsui Chen Yan) that you recite can be recorded on the Little House. Leave the receiver (Offer To) and the date blank, but you can fill in the name of the reciter.
- Generally, you should finish reciting the sutras and mantras for a Little House as well as fill in the red dots within 7 days.
- When the time comes that you need to use the Little Houses that you have saved, you can then address them accordingly. You can address them to your Karmic Creditor, or your deceased relatives, etc. On the Little Houses, you can fill in the date that you burn them.
- This way, you can save Little Houses for backup. When unexpected situations arise, you can burn them immediately to meet the demand.
- It is best to store the Little Houses that you have finished reciting by wrapping them with red coloured materials (e.g. red paper or red fabrics). Red is a colour that has a protective effect, and can prevent foreign spirits from taking the Little Houses.