Deepest gratitude to the Great Merciful and Great Compassionate Guan Yin Bodhisattva!
I have been practicing the Guan Yin Citta Dharma Door for almost a year now and I have been so impressed by the Guan Yin Bodhisattva’s mercifulness for all sentient beings. By practicing the Guan Yin Citta Dharma Door, I have become less impetuous and my health has greatly improved.
I would like to share some of my experiences with everyone:
1. Before I started practicing the Guan Yin Citta Dharma Door, I suffered from nervous prostration. My constant worrying always led to insomnia and sometimes I did not fall asleep until 3 or 4am in the morning. As part of practicing the Guan Yin Citta Dharma Door, I perform daily recitations and read one article from Master Lu’s book, ‘Buddhism in Plain Terms’ every night before I go to sleep. The most apparent outcome has been that I no longer experience insomnia. I can now fall asleep as soon as I get into bed and sleep soundly until the next morning.
2. Before practicing Buddhism, I always experienced paralysis or was always surrounded by darkness in my dreams. After practicing the Guan Yin Citta Dharma Door, I have not experienced paralysis and my dreams now take place in brighter places. Once I dreamt about a glistening Bodhisattva that was as tall as a three-storey high building and was in a very bright place. The scene was so majestic and sacred. Then as soon as thoughts emerged in my mind, I was out of the scene and my surroundings became a bit darker.
3. Before practicing Buddhism, I always felt exhausted and my shoulders were always in pain. Every day after work, I was always too tired to do anything else. By practicing the Guan Yin Citta Dharma Door, I recite scriptures and Little Houses daily, perform life liberations monthly and propagate Buddhism to people around me. Now I feel energetic after work and even go running when I have time. Also, I barely feel any pain in my shoulders anymore.
4. About three years ago, my body was very weak and I experienced pain in my back and around my waist area. During the periods when my health was at its best, there was still stiffness present. Before practicing Buddhism, I always thought that if I ever became seriously ill, it would be due to my lower back. Not long after practicing the Guan Yin Citta Dharma Door, my back completely healed! I had only offered 18 Little Houses. It was at that moment that I realised the tightness in my back was caused by a foreign spirit which left after I transferred merits to it by offering Little Houses. I felt so grateful to the Guan Yin Bodhisattva. The tightness had been bothering me for more than two years but it was completely gone after only practicing the Guan Yin Citta Dharma Door for half a month!
5. On the day after the Qing Ming Festival this year, my friend and I chatted at my place until 11pm. When it got to around 12:30am, I started to experience paralysis when I felt that there was a black shadow sitting beside my bed. I struggled to wake myself up and felt very scared. This was the first time that I had experienced paralysis since practicing Buddhism. I was too frightened to fall back asleep. When I did fall asleep some time later, I saw the Bodhisattvas who I had enshrined on my altar, including the Emperor Guan Bodhisattva, Zhou Cang Bodhisattva and Guan Ping Bodhisattva. They looked exactly like the images I had of them on my altar and they scowled at me for not practicing well enough. Since I was half asleep, I did not recognise them and mistook them as the three disciples of Tang Monk. Even though I failed to recognise them, I felt very warm and was not scared anymore. After that, I instantly fell asleep. It was not until I offered incense the next morning and saw the images of the three Bodhisattvas on the altar that I realised they were in my dream last night. Master Lu told us that if we dreamt about the Bodhisattva at night, we would not feel scared but warm and safe. I am very thankful to the Emperor Guan Bodhisattva, Zhou Cang Bodhisattva and Guan Ping Bodhisattva for their protection over me and my fellow cultivators of the Guan Yin Citta Dharma Door.
6. After practicing the Guan Yin Citta Dharma Door for about a month and a half, I set up an altar at home and continue to offer incense to the Guan Yin Bodhisattva every day. Since I did not practice well enough, I failed to visualise an image of the sacred Guan Yin Bodhisattva in my mind. Recently, while at work one day, my intuition suggested that I should offer 36 Little Houses to my husband’s karmic creditors before he turned 36. That afternoon, I dreamt about standing in a square and even though it was a bit far, I was still able to see the tall sculpture of the Guan Yin Bodhisattva which looked exactly like the one at the Guan Yin Tang. There were so many people wandering between the Guan Yin Bodhisattva and me but I worshipped her in my heart and wondered if she noticed me among the crowd of pilgrims. A woman behind me then tapped on my shoulder and said that she was asked by the Guan Yin Bodhisattva to tell me to guide her son. I leaned back to hear her more clearly but then I woke up from the dream. Even though I did not hear the last part of what she said, my intuition told me that the Guan Yin Bodhisattva was encouraging me to practice more diligently. We are all children of the Guan Yin Bodhisattva. I deeply understood that I should put more effort into my practice as this might enable me to get closer to the Guan Yin Bodhisattva. I am so grateful to the Guan Yin Bodhisattva. The Guan Yin Bodhisattva would always mercifully give us encouragements when we make a wish.
7. Recently, ants had been crawling onto my tea table and they sometimes even went into my cups. This had been going on for two months now. Several days ago, I dreamt about dead ants, bees and turtles. I used to raise three turtles but they have since past away. When I woke up, I recited the Pure Land Rebirth Dharani 49 times for each of the three turtles, 49 times for the bees and offered daily recitations of the Pure Land Rebirth Dharani to the ants. Then yesterday afternoon, there were no ants on the table anymore. That was so incredible! I felt very grateful towards the Guan Yin Bodhisattva!
8. I have also been punished by Dharma Protectors. Last year, I did not recite the Dharani to Purify Karma from Speech before performing recitations and sometimes even recited scriptures in front of the altar without rinsing my mouth after eating meat. Then one night, I dreamt about standing in front of my altar. The image of the Guan Yin Bodhisattva, the oil lamp and the bamboo displayed on the altar were all blurry but the yellow cloth remained clear. While I thought about this, I felt a force push me away from the altar and then I woke up. I would like to remind those followers who have not completely abstained from meet to rinse their mouth thoroughly before reciting.
Another story that I want to share is that one day, after I complained about my father-in-law to my husband, on the same night, I dreamt about offering incense in the Guan Yin Tang in my hometown. Suddenly, the sculpture of the Guan Yin Bodhisattva became a golden Dharma Protector. He was so angry at me. I knew my actions were wrong, as I did not show filial piety to the elderly, which was strictly discouraged in Buddhism.
From now on, I will practice Buddhism with great diligence and perseverance. I will also help the Guan Yin Bodhisattva propagate Buddhism. I would like to extend my deepest gratitude to the Great Merciful and Great Compassionate Guan Yin Bodhisattva and all the Dharma Protectors!